We stayed in KR for 2 days and had a wonderful experience. Since we did not check other hotels, so would not compare, however KR in itself is quite an experience.
We enjoyed KR more than we enjoyed Lansdowne.
1. The staff is courteous.
2. The rooms are spacious (They wanted to sell the apartments but later changed decision to convert into hotel).
3. The 180 degree view from the room was amazing.
4. The food is delicious and evenly priced. The portions are also decent.
5. Amenities like Table Tennis and Pool are added bonus.
6. Furniture in the room has been kept keeping activities in mind. A center table alongside sofa, one dining table in the room, another smaller one in the balcony, table to keep ur stuff, drawers, closet, kichenette.
7. Being a studio apartment, it has the facility of a kichenette.
8. Small fridge will help to keep food fresh.
9. Spacious balcony. We slept in the balcony in the night.
10. Small extensions from the windows in the balcony. You can sit on them too and gossip, share thoughts, have a scenic view.
11. All rooms face the hills so you have complete privacy.
12. New facilities like big, modern kitchen, gym, convention hall, disc etc. coming up.
The shortcomings are tid-bits here and there which can be taken care of with minimal effort.
1. No toothpaste in bathroom.
2. No bathroom sleepers.
3. Kitchen is not 24/7.
4. No car cleaning services.
5. No laundry services.
6. Generator does not support geyser.
7. Miniature tissue roll.
8. No signage on the road from Kotdwar or Duggada specifying the whereabouts of KR.