The Taj Coromandel is a great hotel. It's one of the most luxurious hotels I've been to and all aspects of the hotel are of top quality. It's quite expensive but if you plan to spend that much, its worth the money. Plus, if you have a corporate rate (like I did), it's even better. The only negative for me was that as a business traveler, I expect to get free Wi-fi if I pay so much. There was no free internet at the Taj which was a big disappointment.
1) The room - excellent room. Very good, attention to detail - great lighting, flooring, everything. Very good room amenities (like an iPod dock with surround sound speakers and a great shower).
2) Room service - Extensive menu with some great options to pick from. I ordered Indian cuisine which was very good.
3) Check-in and Check-out - very fast and efficient
4) Restaurant - The complimentary breakfast was one of the best breakfast buffets I've seen in India.
1) No free internet - For a business traveler, this is critical. I had to pay a few hundred rupees extra just for internet because I had some urgent emails to send. Nothing else was bad, the hotel was great!